Thursday 19 November 2009

The mistress by Martine McCutcheon chapters 1-5

I love how this book starts, it's kind of sex and the city with how it starts, for me though there is a bit too much ellipsis in it, I totally understand why it's there, to give the characters more of a 3 dimensional aspect but I find that a bit boring. Mandy as a character is believeable and who wouldn't want job like Mandy's as a party planner for the rich and famous. Mandy's first meeting with Jake is really sweet I liked how that was written but as their romance develops quickly I expected my detail on the sex stuff, maybe it's just me whising it was a black lace novel, but for me it started well and then just felt like Martine had lost her nerve to make it really steamy. Maybe it's me but if you're going to write smut at least write it like your comfortable with it.
If anyone else has comments to make about the book please do I am off to read the next five chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment