Sunday 8 August 2010

Rock Chicks by Ronnie Cooper

Where do i start with Rock chicks? I thought this book would have been awesome, as a bit of a Rock chick myself, but its true what they say never judge a book by its cover. I had to keep reading this book in hope it would get less confusing, it wasn't a bad story but it was hard to follow, there was too many peopel who all had to have a say and it was really difficult follow, but once you were into the characters know who you liked, who you hated (Sly Rammer) and who you just felt sorry for (Marney Tucker). it wasn't so bad, to be fair i guess it was a clear representation of a rockstars life, sex, drugs and rock and roll, just more of the sex and drugs than the rock and roll in the case of the steel spikes. You get everything from their deeply passionate manager Lori Wyatt, To their scum bag record company big wig, the hookers, the groupies and dealers. Oh and don't forget the woman who Sly ran out on, ot there wedding day, who has a serious axe to grind and when the story get decent in like 3 chapters from the end, we see Gloria grinding that axe, with a single gun shot to Sly's head, lets face it he'd been asking for some one to pop him all the way through, such a shame the author saved it until the second to last chapter. Its dark, really dark, its sick in more ways than one, its really confusing but its also capitvating and i think that is what makes you want to get to end just to find out what the hell it all means!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I'm not sure where you are coming from, I loved this book! I am dyslexic and if I can follow it anyone can. The character i loved the best was coco, poles apart from me and definately an eye opener... I have already recommended it and brought it for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really pleased to find someone who loved it, I must have missed something in there. But it goods to see that everyone is different, and the most important thing is it made you read it. Carry on reading and enjoying books. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete